"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." Psalm 139.14

In Pursuit of Happiness.

Lately, I don’t have time for much more than work and the occasional meal with co-workers or sipping French-pressed coffee with friends. During the week, I’m perfectly content with a good book, watching TV or perusing the World Wide Web. Fun is restricted to the weekends, unless it's raining - then, I prefer my bed with take-out Indian food.

I have the usual routine of getting home, checking my email, spending too much time on Facebook and updating my blog. But, I’ve recently discovered Etsy, a remarkable online marketplace of homemade pieces of art. I will always resort to Amazon for my DVDs and books, but for one-of-a-kind brooches or wall art - Etsy is the place to go for your merchandise.

Most of the people on Etsy also have blogs and today, I stumbled upon a notable blog worth mentioning. It's called Abby Try Again and this 26-year old blogger sells her inimitable photographs for less than anything you'd even find at IKEA (a department store commited to selling the cheapest goods in the history of mankind - seriously).

She writes that she quit her day job to pursue blogging and photography. How daring and exciting is that?! Instead of being tied down to her desk, she’s doing what she loves – blogging and capturing the beauty around her, all through a camera lens. She inspired me to pursue what I love - so, let the pursuing begin!

The act of pursuing would be much easier if I had the leisure of doing so. I’d travel the world and stay in different cities for months at a time, sending postcards to my friends; take pictures with my ridiculously expensive camera (that, I have yet to purchase) and blog about all of it. Of course, this would all be done in the accompaniment of various types of tea and treats made from flour, sugar and chocolate. I wouldn't do it any other way.

Lesson learned: leap to do what you love in the company of sweets.