"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." Psalm 139.14

It all started with a grilled cheese sandwich.

I ordered a grilled apple and cheese sandwich at Syrup Desserts (located in downtown LA) a couple days ago and that grilled cheese sandwich is the inspiration for this entry.

Parking was a pain and expensive (like it always is in downtown LA) – but, standing in line, waiting for a supposed grilled cheese masterpiece was well worth the drive. I devoured the little sandwich within minutes of opening the take-out box in my car.

So, in an attempt to concoct the perfect grilled cheese sandwich – I picked up a few ingredients at the supermarket yesterday. I decided to use slices of American cheese on dark rye bread for lunch. The sandwich was decent, but something was...missing. I probably should have used a different cheese, not American.

Today, I'm experimenting with cheddar cheese and blueberries on dark rye bread - sounds strange, doesn't it? Strange, but hopefully delicious.