"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." Psalm 139.14

In Honor of Julia Child.

Julie & Julia night, we called it. And, oh my - was it a fantastic night.

Boeuf à la Bourguignonne (Boeuf Bourguignon). Oignons Glacés a Brun (Brown-braised Onions). Champignons Sautés Au Beurre (Sautéed Mushrooms).

These are the three fabulous French dishes my friends and I cooked (from scratch – yes, 100% scratch) over the weekend. The recipes are directly from Julia Child’s cookbook, “Mastering the Art of French Cooking” – and, it’s wonderful.

As of Saturday night – I am officially, a fan of French cuisine.
Top Left: Multi-colored fingerling potatoes (the purple ones were so delicious - they're my favorite). Top Right: Our amazing Boeuf à la Bourguignonne (Boeuf Bourguignon) accompanied by Oignons Glacés a Brun (Brown-braised Onions) and Champignons Sautés Au Beurre (Sautéed Mushrooms) - we mixed it together because Julia recommended it. Did I mention the mushrooms were delightful? Bottom Center: Pan-fried asparagus seasoned with salt, shallots and a touch of olive oil.

Thank you, Julia. We love you.