"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." Psalm 139.14

updates

Here are some updates about my life right now --
  • Currently listening to traditional Korean music on Spotify while drinking my homemade cold brew - Click Here if you want to listen! Listening to this new album that dropped over the weekend and lots of music by Lauv (mainly because my friend P listens to his music all the time + he has a lot of good songs). I also really like this song right now...and this song.
  • Currently reading "The God Who is There" by D. A. Carson and "The Emotionally Healthy Woman" by Geri Scazzero. Even though I've mainly been inside of my apartment over the past 2+ months, I feel like I've grown so much in my walk with Him. Thankful to my friend A for asking me if I wanted to join a Bible study with a group of amazing women. Only two weeks in, but it has been soooooo good already. Excited for the next 6 weeks!
  • I'm really thankful for my weekly Sunday school class at 11am -- a group of high school seniors and college students who inspire and encourage me far beyond what I thought was possible. Happy I get to be a small part of their lives right now and I'm excited to see them grow and accomplish great things for His kingdom! :) I want to post a photo of them here, but I'll keep that to myself for their privacy.
  • Currently wearing 유자 (or Yuja) by Jo Malone. I honestly bought it because the scent was inspired by Korea, but I also really like the scent. I love 유자차 (or Yuja tea), so it just feels really special.
  • The most recent thing I started doing is bullet journaling - it has helped me stay organized and productive during quarantine. All thanks to my friend S! :) I've collected pens, pencils, markers, rulers, stickers & washi tape to make the most of this life/task management tool. It was hard to start, but after getting the hang of it - I love it!
  • I set up a home "cafe" after I started working remotely since I can't go to cafes right now. It's been a cool experience, making pour over coffee and cold brew at home. I still don't know anything about coffee, but I'm enjoying the process of learning. 
  • I've watched A LOT of Korean dramas in the past two months -- 이태원 클라쓰 (Itaewon Class), 사랑의 불시착 (Crash Landing on You), 동백꽃 필 무렵 (When the Camellia Blooms) & 부부의 세계 (The World of the Married). These are the ones I enjoyed the most! The last drama I mentioned was kind of stressful and not always enjoyable, but I feel like I bonded with a couple of my friends more because of it (H & P). 
  • Favorite quotes right now --
    • "One day when you wake, you will find that you have become a forest. You have grown roots and found strength in them that no one thought you had. You have become stronger and more beautiful, full of life giving qualities. You have learned to take all the negativity around you and turn it into oxygen for easy breathing. A host of wild creatures live inside you and you call them stories. A variety of beautiful birds rest inside your mind and you call them memories. You have become an incredible self-sustaining thing of epic proportions. And you should be so proud of yourself, of how far you have come from the seeds of who you used to be." - Nikita Gill, You Have Become a Forest
    • "I am rooted, but I flow." - Virginia Woolf