"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." Psalm 139.14

The French macaron.

I changed my mind about macarons over the weekend. I'm glad I finally gave it a real chance a few days ago. I'm generally not a fan of cookies or bread with filling inside, but this small cookie is an exception. After work on Friday, my friend mentioned wanting macarons - so, we scoured the city of Irvine to find them. We finally found them at Layer Cake Bakery (if you're interested in knowing). One bite + a few seconds of quiet later, I was sold. Delicious!

My new food mission is to try macarons at different bakeries in Los Angeles (since I live here for the time being). Euro Pane Bakery [Pasadena]; La Provence Patisserie [Beverly Hills]; Frances Bakery & Coffee [Little Tokyo]; Paulette [Beverly Hills] are just a few.

Hmm...I think I can actually live in France, eating just French food and macarons. Haha. And, when I'm craving Korean or Mexican food - I'll just cook something up in my tiny French kitchen. Nice. And, for a gyro sandwich - I'll just take a train to Greece. Haha. Living in Europe for a year might be good for my food tasting + travel ambitions. Hmm...