"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." Psalm 139.14

Things to come.

I'm really excited to take accounting classes starting this fall.  It's not the kind of excitement you feel when you're about to jump out of a plane (to skydive, of course) or the thrill treasure hunters might feel as they're about to discover long lost treasure.  It's the "I finally know what I want to do with my life right now" kind of excitement. 

I always imagined myself to be writing professionally at this point in my life.  If not for The New York Times, then for The New Yorker or Vanity Fair.  I'm still shocked that I'm choosing accounting over a writing career, but I can technically do both.  Accounting provides financial stability and writing allows my imagination to run wild.  I still love to write and I want to/will write a novel one day.  It doesn't have to be a best seller, but it'd be nice if it was.  I don't have to win the Pulitzer Prize or MacArthur Genius Grant, but again - it'd be nice if I did.  Hah.  Also, I'd like to write more than one book.

I want to be somebody's Judy Blume. I say that because I loved her books as a kid and she was my role model.  I named myself Grace Judy Lee when I was in elementary school.  All of my homework assignments had "Grace Judy Lee" written across the top in big block letters.  I want to be somebody's role model.

So, anyways - back to that whole accounting thing.  I'm excited to take my first accounting class this fall.  The finance industry intrigues me - there's so much to learn.  Here's to starting something new - yippee!