"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." Psalm 139.14

all things pumpkin.

This Thanksgiving was the first time I made turkey - my very first one! I've always been afraid of cooking the turkey (in fear that I might ruin it), but not anymore. I overcame my fear and the turkey turned out delicious!

It was also my very first time baking pumpkin cheesecake a couple days ago. It wasn't anything fancy, just something really simple and fast. I didn't have to use flour or eggs - just canned pumpkin, cream cheese, cool whip, sugar & cinnamon. After combining the ingredients, I dumped the mixture into a 9" graham cracker crust and popped it in the refrigerator for three hours. And, the result? The most amazing pumpkin cheesecake I've ever had. Here's the recipe:

2-step Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe

Serves/Makes: 6 | Difficulty Level: 3 | Ready In: 2-5 hrs

Ingredients:

1 package (8 oz. size) cream cheese, softened
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 container (8 oz. size) cool whip
1 prepared 9" graham cracker crust

Directions:

Beat cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl with wire whisk or electric mixer until smooth. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spoon into crust.

Refrigerate three hours or until set. Garnish as desired.

Pumpkin bread is next on my list of things to bake. I'm going to make the rest of this year pumpkin-themed. Haha.